Hemsedal is an exellent starting point for many good biking tours. The routes are varied and run through beautiful nature with wild majestic mountains and vigorous valley parts. There are short day trips on gravel roads to more demanding trips with overnight stays at the many mountain cabins in the area. The terrain is varied from asphalt, gravel and cart roads, to more challenging tracks and paths.
There are 21 biking trails, in total 225 km, graded and marked by their level of difficulty. These are as follows:
- 4 green trails, easy and flat terrain
- 3 blue trails, easy with a few challenges
- 5 red trails, physically challenging
- 1 black trail, physically and technical demanding
At www.hemsedal.com you find inter active maps with search and zoom functionality.
- Norske Opplevelser offers guided biking tours on Thursdays throughout the summer season.
- In Hemsedal Skisenter you can bring your bike on the 8 seat chair lift Hollvin Express. On the top you have an exellent starting point to Hemsedal Bike Park and the road over to Ål.
- Hemsedal Bike Park is 3 km long with jumps, drops, north shores and large curved turns. The line is made for all skill levels of freeride bikers. The park starts at the top of Hollvin Express 8 seat chair lift.
- At the bottom of Hemsedal Skisenter, close to Hemsedal Alpin Lodge you have skills course for bikers. The course is perfect for learning and training of technical skills and testing of rental bikes. It is free of charge and always open.
- Norske Opplevelser has a bike rental, located in Hemsedal Alpin Lodge, Welcome centre 2. Here you can rent bikes suitable for adults and children of all levels.